Content Management System - CMS Joomla, Wordpress Web Development
The goal of a Content Management System (CMS) is to control a site’s content text, pictures, links, ads, videos, and more in one single application. The software runs on the server, is tied to a database, and is written with a server-side language like PHP or ASP.NET. Once a user logs in, they can easily add, update, and delete content, as well as control the templates that drive the presentation of the site. There are literally hundreds of CMS many of them free and open source so it is impossible to detail them all.
A Content Management System is frequently a web development used for managing websites and web content, though in many cases, content management systems CMS Website Designing require special client software for editing and constructing articles. The market for content management systems remains fragmented, with many open-source like Joomla, Wordpress proprietary solutions available.
Key Feature of CMS - Content Management System
- Standards template (CSS Driven) W3C Compliant
- Browser based content creation and modification.
- Web based WYSIWYG Editor which allows webmasters to edit pages, with features of standard word processors.
- Webmasters can create unlimited Sections, categories and sub-categories (nested categories) to organize content.
- Multiple languages support
- User and Group Management to give them various levels of privileges for website administration for reading / creating / editing / publishing content.
- Manage the media items like images in folders
- Scheduler to execute time-bound activities without human intervention.
- Additional Component like news, polls, link directory for enhanced functionality
- Extensive reports to measure content popularity.
- Content Caching to optimize server resources
- Search Engine Friendly URL’s for better SEO Search engine optimization and ranking on search engines
- Extensive "Meta Data" support to facilitate complex content classifications and associations.
- Cross website syndication through the use of RSS technology to PULL and PUSH content with partner websites and applications.
- Advance google component of Search engine which searches across multiple document formats - HTML, Plain Text, XML, PDF, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, RTF, etc.